Revised: October 2017
What information we collect
OM1 may collect and use the following information:
- Personal information that is identifiable to you. This includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, the name of your employer and your business title. For healthcare professionals, this also may include your National Provider Identifier and/or medical license number, specialty area and information regarding your practice and patient characteristics. For patients of healthcare providers, this also may include certain information about your health status.
- Correspondence information. This is information you provide through the Site when seeking support services, such as when you request customer support or help-desk services, or communicate with us via email or social media sites.
- Employment-related information. This is information you provide when seeking employment with us, such as when you submit your resume and other documentation to apply for a position with us.
- Information that is not identifiable to you. This is information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information. We may create anonymous records from personal information by removing information that is personally identifiable to you. We may use this non-identifiable information for any lawful purpose.
What we do with the information we collect
- Perform our services and comply with the obligations set forth in any Subscription Agreement or other agreement between you (and/or your organization) and OM1. For healthcare providers and patients of healthcare providers, this may include providing you with information about your/your patients’ health status and helping you optimize your/your patients’ care plans;
- Provide, operate, maintain, market and promote our products and services;
- Develop new or improved products, services, features and functionalities;
- Provide information about our products and services, and grant you with access to the products and services;
- Process and complete business transactions, such as webinar registrations;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with us;
- Communicate directly with you, such as by responding to your comments, questions and requests;
- Provide customer service and support, such as by sharing notices, updates, alerts and administrative or marketing messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Investigate or prevent fraudulent or illegal activities, including unauthorized access to the Site;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Defend ourselves from legal liability or allegations;
- Respond to emergencies or take steps to prevent harm to OM1 or any person or entity;
- Negotiate any merger, sale, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of OM1’s business to another entity; and
- Undertake any uses that you have authorized (for example, if you contact us to correct an issue by e-mail, we may use your personal information to respond to and resolve your issue).
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business or servicing you, such as third parties that perform web hosting/infrastructure, analytics, marketing and employee hiring services. When we engage another company to perform a function of this nature, we endeavor to provide them only with the minimum information that they need to perform their specific function and we require that they protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We also may share personally identifiable information of patients pursuant to the Subscription Agreements.
Controlling your information
You may decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you with certain services or access to certain areas of the Site. You may update your information at any time by changing the information maintained within the Site.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have implemented the appropriate physical, technical and administrative policies and procedures to protect against the unauthorized access, disclosure and improper use of the information we collect through the Site. Please note that the transmission of information over the Internet or any wireless network may not be secure. As such, while we endeavor to ensure the security of the information you provide, there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control and the security, integrity and privacy of the information and data exchanged between you and us through the Site cannot be guaranteed.
The Site may be accessed only by individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.