Respiratory & ENT
Research-Grade RWD in Respiratory & ENT
AAO-HNSF + OM1
The American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Foundation (AAO-HNSF) Reg-ENT registry collects data on ENT conditions and their treatments. Together, OM1 and AAO-HNSF have partnered to deliver access to the largest, most representative respiratory and ENT data network available for research, analytics, and collaboration.
- 3,000 clinicians
- 500 practices
- >25 Million patient visits
Deep Clinical Data
Research & Analytics
Sample Use Cases
The ENT data network can be used for conducting studies, analysis, modeling, and more.
- Analyze treatment comparative effectiveness
- Recruit patients for clinical trials
- Create external control arms
- Explore treatment gaps
- Conduct FDA studies
- Gain market intelligence
- Understand and track device usage
- Find rare disease patients
- Predict which patients are likely to benefit or have higher risks
Why OM1 ENT?
AAO-HNSF & OM1 Partnership
Meet our ENT expert
Dr. Richard Gliklich, MD is the CEO of OM1, Inc. Previously, he was founder and CEO of Outcome, which he led from inception through its acquisition by Quintiles.
Dr. Gliklich is well known in the areas of registries, outcomes and analytics. He is senior editor of the landmark publication by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) handbook “Registries for Evaluating Patient Outcomes: A User’s Guide” and the PI for the Outcomes Measures Framework, which focuses on standardization of outcomes measurement. He has led several key national and international efforts focused on evaluating the safety, effectiveness, value and quality of healthcare. Dr. Gliklich also holds several patents for both health outcomes systems and medical devices.
Dr. Gliklich is a graduate of Yale University and Harvard Medical School and a former Charles A. Dana Scholar at the University of Pennsylvania. He is also a surgeon and the Leffenfeld Professor at Harvard Medical School.
Respiratory & ENT Publications
- Peer-Reviewed Journal & Collaboration with AAO: Hoffman V, Mulder K, Topuria I, Gawlicka A, Kallman J. Reduction in healthcare resource use through 24 months following sinus surgery with steroid-eluting implants in chronic rhinosinusitis patients with and without nasal polyps: a real-world study. Current Medical Research and Opinion, April 2023, DOI:10.1080/03007995.2023.2194776
- Peer-Reviewed Journal: Hoffman V, Mortimer K, Mulder K, Topuria I, Gliklich R, Kallman J. Real-World Evidence Analysis of the Impact of Steroid-Eluting Implants on Healthcare Resource Use Among Chronic Rhinosinusitis Patients Undergoing Sinus Surgery, Current Medical Research and Opinion, January 2022, DOI: 10.1080/03007995.2021.2022874.
- Peer-Reviewed Journal: Gliklich R, Castro M, Leavy MB, Press VG, Barochia A, Carroll CL, Harris J, Rittner SS, Freishtat R, Panettieri RA Jr, Mosnaim GS. Harmonized Outcome Measures for Use in Asthma Patient Registries and Clinical Practice. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2019; pii: S0091-6749(19)30342-2. DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2019.02.025.
4. White paper: Gliklich RE, Leavy MB, Li F. Standardized Library of Asthma Outcome Measures. Research White Paper. (Prepared by L&M Policy Research, LLC under Contract No. 290-2014-00004-C.) AHRQ Publication No. 19-EHC004-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; April 2019.
Award-Winning Research Team
Our team of award-winning researchers have authored hundreds publications, including scientific posters, articles in peer-reviewed journals, white papers, and books.